Black Friday will be upon us at the end of this week and this year, we have less time to buy gifts. Yep, that is right, it’s crazy but there are only 26 days between Thanksgiving and Christmas!!! So if you have not started your holiday shopping you might want to consider some of the great deals going on for Black Friday.
So here are our best tips for the big Black Friday shopping day: if you are brave enough to get out there and physically do some shopping or happy shopping online from the privacy of your own home.
Shopping in Stores
- Make a plan: decide which stores have your most important MUST HAVE items and go there first. Then plan out a route to conveniently get from store to store based on priority.
- Set a budget: I can not stress this enough, it is SO easy to get caught up in a “good deal” on things you did not intend to purchase, but only spend what you have budgeted for.
- Use Coupons and Rewards: Many stores offer $10-$500 coupons if you stand in line early or are among the first group of people in the store. Places like Macy’s, JC Pennys, Sears, Kohls, etc. are all offering Black Friday Coupons/Reward specials just for shopping on Black Friday.
- Join Reward Clubs, Follow and Like Stores on Social Media: many stores are offering extra special savings and deals if you check them out on their social media sites. So take advantage and earn rewards and discounts too!
- Save receipts: sometimes what you thought was a good product or deal on Black Friday turns out to be a dud. So get gift receipts for all your gifts and have an envelope/ziplock bag handy to put all your Black Friday shopping receipts in on the day you shop. That way when all the chaos is over you have all your receipts in one place and can easily return any items if necessary.
The annual 2019 Adobe Holiday Shopping Trends report analyzed 1 trillion retail website visits of over 55 million products and gave these helpful stats for best dates and deals if you are online shopping for the holidays.
- Black Friday (Nov. 29th): Appliances and Sporting Goods
- Dec. 1: Toys and Computers
- Cyber Monday (Dec 2nd): Televisions
- Giving Tuesday (Dec 3rd): Furniture, Bedding, Tools and Home Improvement items
- Dec. 27: Electronics
We wish you the best of luck as you shop Black Friday sales this year and we hope you score some awesome deals!
Until Next Time,
Your Surviving Moms ❤