It is hard to find a nursing bra that you love, especially when shopping online. Here are some tips to help you find a comfortable and great fitting nursing bra, as well as a few of our favorites!
Survival tips for buying a nursing bra online:
- Only buy bras with free shipping AND free returns. It may take a few tries to get the right size and you don’t want to have to pay to send back bras that don’t work.
- Order at least two different sizes at a time if you are unsure what size you will need.
- Some bras are a part of Amazon’s Prime Wardrobe, so you don’t pay for the item for seven days until you decide to keep it. You can choose up to eight items with Prime Wardrobe.
- Order a few different styles and brands so you can see what you like and dislike.
- Read reviews. Many reviewers will put their bra size, weight, and height which helps to determine what size you should buy.
- Look for bras with at least 4-star ratings and at least 50 reviews.
- Try your bras on the same day that you order them and then return any that don’t work the next day. Don’t procrastinate and end up stuck with bras that you don’t like or doesn’t fit because you forgot to take them back.
- Make sure you are able to latch the bra with one hand after nursing your baby. I found a bra that was so comfy and pretty but I couldn’t latch it with one hand! I had to put my baby down every time I needed to rehook it. Not cool!
- You will probably need a larger size bra for the first few months after delivery. I usually have a size for right after delivery and then a smaller size for when my baby is around 3 months old.
- It is recommended that you not wear a bra with underwire while nursing because it increases the risk of developing mastitis. I didn’t follow this. I needed the support of an underwire and never had trouble.
Some of Your SurvivingMom’s Favorites
Gratlin Women’s Full Coverage Lightly Padded Underwire Maternity Nursing Bra for Breastfeeding This is my favorite that I have used for two babies now. It was supportive and comfortable and it is time for me to order another one. I am able to reclip after nursing with one hand, which is a must! It gets four stars and free returns on some sizes.
Kindred Bravely Marvella Classic Maternity & Nursing Underwire Free Bra for Breastfeeding: This bra was one of KT’s favorites! She loved the racerback style, allowing her more freedom with the type of shirts she wore. It is supportive and easy to nurse in. Definitely one to check out if you are looking for one with no underwire! This bra has a four-star rating and free returns on some sizes so watch to make sure your size is offering free returns.
HOFISH Women’s Seamless Wirefree Maternity Breastfeeding Bra Everyday Sleep Bra This is another KT pick. It is good for day or sleeping. This bra has a four and a half star review and has free returns on some colors and sizes. These are also considered an Amazon Choice.
BRAVADO! DESIGNS Women’s Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra and Maternity Bra This is another top pick off Amazon. I haven’t tried this one but it gets good reviews and I have heard other nursing moms say how much they liked it. Amazon gives it four stars and it also has free returns on some sizes and colors.
I hope this helped you find a nursing bra you love and happy shopping!