Happy National Pie Day! ???? Yum, who doesn’t love a good piece of pie. I sometimes find myself eating a whole lot more pie than I expected because it tastes so good and I work hard as a mom so when I get a minute to indulge myself and enjoy a piece of pie, well I do ????
My husband loves graham cracker pie and with a little twist and a dash of some other secret ingredients I have whipped together this super delicious and very easy banana cream graham cracker pie that is a hit every time!
I have made this recipe for multiple different occasions, including birthdays, Halloween and pot lucks. It is so easy to make and takes minimal time. As a busy mom with two young boys, I love having this recipe in my arsenal of quick, cheap and easy stuff to make. Check out the recipe below!
Graham Cracker Banana Cream Pie
- Bowl and Whisk
- Cutting Board and Knife
- 1 10 inch or 9oz Graham Cracker Pie Crust (Keebler ready crust is my favorite)
- 1 5.1 oz box Vanilla or Banana Flavored Instant Pudding Mix (Jello brand is my favorite)
- 3 Cups Milk
- 2 Large Bananas
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream (Horizon Organics is my favorite)
- 1/2-1 tsp Cinnamon
- 10-12 Vanilla Wafers (Optional)
- Prep and bake ready graham cracker pie crust as instructed on the packaging. let cool to room temperature
- Mix 3 cups of milk with vanilla pudding mix and let set for 5 minutes
- While waiting for the pudding to set, peel and cut the 2 large bananas into small coin size pieces.
- Once the pudding is fully set, add all sliced banana pieces and 1/4 tsp cinnamon to pudding and gently stir.
- Place pudding mixture into pie crust and if desired crush vanilla wafers and sprinkle over pie.
- Whip heaving whipping cream using a mixer until soft peaks form and cream is fully whipped. ( TIP: For an added depth of flavor you can add 1/2 tsp of vanilla and 1/4 cup powder sugar to whipping cream).
- Cover pie with whipped cream and chill in the fridge for 1 hour or serve immediately to guests. You can sprinkle some cinnamon on top or add a few vanilla wafers on top of the pie for added presentation and flavor. Yum enjoy!????
If you make one sometime please leave me a comment to let me know if you and your family or friends love it too!
Keep being awesome moms!