Survival Tips for Sticking to a Budget This Christmas:
- Set a specific amount of money you want to spend on Christmas this year before you do any shopping.
- Write down every person you need to buy a gift. Don’t forget extended family or someone at work you want to grab a gift card for.
- Determine how much you want to spend on each person keeping in mind the grand total you are able to spend.
- Write down all your gift ideas for each person and see how much each item costs.
- Add up the price of all your ideas and see which items need to be crossed off the list. Do this step a few times until you are within budget and pleased with your gifts for each person.
- Clear your ideas with your spouse if needed.
- Now the fun part… GO shopping knowing that you have a plan and will be within your budget!
Christmas Budget Tracker
I am trying to plan out buying presents for my husband, five kids, plus extended family members. I also need to stick to a budget and make things relatively equal between the kids. Last year, I wrote all this down on a scrap piece of paper and it worked fine. This year, however, I wanted it to be a little more organized so I created a printable sheet where I could track presents and prices before I ordered anything to make sure I stayed within our budget.
Feel free to use this printable as well! Click on the image, download the PDF, and print it off! Use multiple sheets if you have more than four people to purchase presents for.
Make it a great day today!