It is almost time to jump back into a new school year. We casually did Horizon’s 3-year-old preschool program with Matthew this past year and now he is starting Pre-K. Here is what we picked for the year.
Matthew’s Pre-K Curriculum:
- Horizon’s Pre-K program: Workbooks 1 and 2
- I did this program two years ago with Lillia and we had so much fun. “Each day shifts between Bible, shapes, phonics, math, language arts, crafts “. We loved studying the creation and made so many of our own crafts while working through this program.
Read alouds: Most of the books on this list are from the Sonlight Pre-K 4-6-year-old reading list. This is not an exhaustive list of books we will be reading this year. We have been blessed with a large library of books that were given to us and we are constantly reading. We also will be visiting our local library to get new books.
- 101 Favorite Stories from the Bible
- Dr. Seuss’s ABC
- A Treasury of Mother Goose Rhymes
- The Lion Bedtime Book
- The Complete Adventures of Peter Rabbit
- Eric Carle’s Animals Animals
- Children’s Book of Virtues
- The Classic Tales of Beer Rabbit
- Uncle Wiggily’s Story Book
- Is a Blue Whale the Biggest Thing There Is?
- How do You Lift a Lion?
- How to Dig a Hole to the Other Side of the World
- Why Do Tigers Have Stripes?
- What’s Under the Sea?
- The Berenstain Bears’ Big Book of Science and Nature
- The Year at Maple Hill Farm
- Eddie’s Green Thumb
- First Encyclopedia of Seas and Oceans
I am also doing 1st-grade with Lillia (you can read our 1st-grade plan here) and he can be as involved as he would like with all her read alouds and zoology 2. Many times last school year he sat in on most of her books. There were days he wasn’t in the mood and he would go to the other room and play and come back and listen when he was ready. I am glad he will still have this freedom for another year.
Any mamas doing Pre-K this year? If so let us know what you are using in the comments!
Have a great day!