Christmas dinner is one of the best times of the year for side dishes. If you are looking for a healthy but delicious vegetable side dish try this zucchini casserole. It is super easy to make in just 30 minutes and it has the most mouthwatering flavors, everyone will love. It is the perfect side dish to any Christmas ham, turkey or roast beef!
The best part about this recipe is it can be totally gluten and dairy-free. I always try to find recipes that I can alter and make 2 different versions of because my boys have sensitive tummies and I often make 2-3 different versions of our meals so everyone can eat the same thing but in a way that won’t make them feel sick or hurting the next day. Simple use dairy-free parmesan cheese, gluten-free panko bread crumbs and flour, and Earth’s Balance butter. Just as delicious for those of you who might need it gluten or dairy-free!
I hope you all enjoy the holidays and have an amazingly delicious Christmas dinner!
Parmesan Zucchini Bake
- Cutting Board and Knife
- Oven Safe Baking Dish
- Large Pot or Steamer
- 6-8 Cups thick sliced zucchini pieces
- 1 large Egg
- 2 Tbspn Butter Room temperature is best
- 2 Tbspn Flour
- 1-2 tsp Lawrys Seasoning Salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs panko is best
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut zucchini into thick slices and boil or steam them until just tender 2-5 minutes
- Drain well and then add butter and stir till butter is melted
- Sprinkle flour over everything and stir till every piece is coated
- mix the lawrys and pepper with egg and 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese then dump over the zucchini and mix well.
- Pour zucchini into a casserole dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs and the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven, place on hot pad and let cool for 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Let me know if you made this recipe and how it turned out? Leave me a comment below.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!