Looking for a light but not to heavy delicious holiday snack to put out for guests or just something for you and your family to enjoy? Check out this great recipe for Caramel Apple Nachos. I made them for Halloween this year and they were so good!!!! I literally crave them now and find myself making them for a snack at least once a week for everyone in my family. The best part of this snack is that once you buy one bag of everything you need in the recipe you can make these nachos multiple times!
If you have never made apple nachos before I highly recommend this recipe. It takes 5-10 minutes to make these and they are so good, people will be asking you for the recipe, guaranteed! Also, have fun and be creative if you are not a fan of the ingredients in this recipe, create your own version with chocolate hot sauce, melted peanut butter or marshmallow fluff- there are endless possibilities to how these apple nachos can be made. Find what you like and make them your own!
- Cutting Board
- 2 Microwave safe dishes for melting
- Apple Slicker (Optional)
- Serving Plate
- 1 16oz Container of Old Fashion Caramel or you can use Kraft caramel squares
- 1 Bag Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Bag White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Bag Heath English Toffee Bites
- 1 Bag Granny Smith Apples
- Crushed Peanuts or Crushed Walnuts
- Determine how many apples you want to use and how big your serving dish is then wash apples and slice each one into 8 pieces. Use an apple slicer to save time or slice by hand. Arrange apple slices in a circular pattern on a large serving platter or plate.
- If using real caramels, add 1Tablespoon water to 10-15 caramels and melt in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 15-sec intervals until just melted and then drizzle over apples. If using caramel container using a large spoon just drizzle a few spoonfuls over apples.
- Place 1/4 to 1/2 cup white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 15-sec intervals until softened then stir with a spatula until melted. Drizzle over apples- be generous here, thicker drizzle is best.
- Take a few handfuls of the semi-sweet chocolate chips and Heath english toffee bites and sprinkle over apples, caramels and chocolate. Try and get pieces to stick to warmed caramels and chocolate.
- For added crunch or flavor add crushed peanuts or walnuts
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do, leave me a comment below and let me know if you made these and what toppings did you put on your apple nachos? Happy Holidays!