Valentine’s Day is almost here and if you need some inspiration for keeping everyone happy this year then we have you covered. Here are some great Valentine’s Day tips for moms to help you make the day special for your whole family.
Make it a fun day for your kids
- Instead of writing the name of each person in your child’s class on their valentines, leave the name slot empty. Just write who it is from. That way you won’t forget anyone and no one will feel left out!
- Have your children make valentines for their friends and family members. Mail them or deliver them in person. Your child’s face will light up as they see someone appreciate their artwork! Also, check out these cute Valentine’s Day crafts for toddlers!
- Make heart-shaped cutout cookies and let your children decorate them. Keep a few for your family and then pass out the rest with a homemade valentine card.
- Make your kids special sweet treats to help them know they are loved and appreciated.
- X and O shaped pancakes for breakfast
Keep the spark alive
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day with your husband the week before the holiday. Restaurants are crowded on Valentine’s Day and finding a babysitter can be difficult. Avoid the stress and celebrate early.
- If you find yourself with a tight budget around the holiday, don’t sweat it! There were years where all my husband and I did for Valentine’s Day was stay home, eat a nice dinner (something we don’t normally have-like steak), and exchange hand-made cards. Sometimes the simple ways we celebrated were the most meaningful.
- Pick up a few of your spouse’s favorite candy bars and write out a sweet message for him using the candy bars or candy hearts along with a personalized card.
- Design handmade coupons for your husband to redeem whenever he wants.
- 1 ten minute massage
- Guys night out
- Favorite dinner
- Date night
- Be creative!
Family fun on Valentine’s Day
- Create a love note box out of an empty shoebox. Wrap it in cute wrapping paper. Let each person in the family write notes to each other on heart-shaped paper. Fill notes with reasons why you are thankful or love someone in the family. As a family open the box and read the notes together on Valentine’s Day.
- Put every family members’ name into a hat and allow everyone to draw names. Then for the person you picked do nice things secretly all week to show your love.
Now that you are armed Valentine’s Day tips for moms we hope you all have a wonderful Valentine’s Day and that you and your family feel very loved and blessed!
Make it a great day